Regional construction industry hit by steep hike in prices
The regional construction industry has been hit by another steep hike in prices of core building materials, including red meranti, MDF, whitewood and film-faced plywood. According to Bahrain Tribune, prices of these materials jumped by 20 to 30 per cent during August, due to a combination of local and international factors.
The hike comes on the heels of another steep climb experienced early this year when prices went up by 10 to 30 per cent. Effectively, the price hike works out to 40 to 45 per cent since January.
- Building materials prices expected to rise by 5 per cent in the third quarter of 2008
- Rising costs hit UAE property developers
- Abu Dhabi: An excess in supply might reduce the building material costs last month
- Building materials prices in Middle East witness 15 per cent rise in April 2009
- UAE: Rise in prices of building materials reported