Regional merger and acquisition activities on rise
The rise in global merger and acquisition (M&A) activities didn't skip the Middle East with deal value growing by 30 per cent from $8,829 million in 2004 to $11,501m in the first eleven months of 2005.
"The increase in deal value 2005 is very encouraging as the number of deals completed shows a sharper increase, rising by 97pc from 110 in 2004 to 217 in the first eleven months of 2005," KPMG corporate Finance, Bahrain, partner Narayanan Ramachandran said, according to the GDN.
The global market in M&A is currently outstripping last year's improved activity levels by 19pc, according to an analysis by KPMG Corporate Finance, based on data supplied by Dealogic.
- Merger and Acquisitions activity to reach record levels in Middle East
- Total mergers & acquisitions deals in the (MENA) registered a rise of 36 percent
- Mergers, acquisitions on the rise again
- Global aerospace and defence deal value nearly doubles in 2010, according to PwC report
- Global mergers and acquisitions appetite on the rise, but Middle East market still cautious