Regional private label market worth US$ 200 – 250 million
The regional private label market is worth between US$ 200 – 250 million according to Fahrettin Yavuz, President of Private Label Association Turkey (PLAT), the industry body that represents all manufacturers in the sector.
Yavuz is with the Turkish delegation at Private Label Middle East (PLME), the first regional contract manufacturing event, currently underway at the Dubai International Exhibition Centre (DIEC).
He said he was at the show to promote Turkey’s strong world-class manufacturing capabilities. The main export markets that Turkish manufacturers supply at the moment include Europe, the CIS countries and the US.
“We want to penetrate the growing Middle East market and we have developed a strategy to achieve this aim. “Regionally the fastest growing private label market for us is in soft drinks, household goods, cosmetics and paper products.” (menareport.com)
© 2004 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)
- Turkish fragrances group to set up office in Dubai
- Official: Dubai has potential to be Middle East’s manufacturing hub
- Leading Scandinavian cleaning systems manufacturer to introduce cleaning products into region
- UAE EMKE Group estimates private / own label market to grow by 30% per year
- Dubai to host region’s first Private Label expo in September