Rental rates in Dubai shopping malls up
Rental rates in Dubai shopping malls went up by an average of 36 per cent from 2003 to 2005 and are set to rise further in the short to medium term, according to figures supplied by Dubai-based GRMC Advisory Services and cited by Gulf News. A rental high of just over Dh375 per square foot in 2003 would have set retailers back close to Dh700 in 2005 according to the data.
Average mall rental prices in the UAE went up by 22.4 per cent, with Sharjah (21.7 per cent) and Abu Dhabi (17.6 per cent) registering the biggest hikes after Dubai.
- UAE: One bedroom apartments record highest rental increase
- Dubai's rents are up 50% and it's certainly about to get worse
- Taming the monster: Dubai issues new regulations on rental increases
- Dubai: Decision needed on rent cap
- Here comes the 'Dubai avalanche'? apartment sale prices in Abu Dhabi on the rise