Resource mobilization and administration of trust funds discussed in Tunis
Resource mobilization and the administration of trust funds are among key issues that dominated a two-day meeting of managers of multilateral developments banks which was held on Thursday and Friday in Tunis.
The fifth Roundtable of the Trust Fund Managers and Portfolio Administrators hosted by the African Development Bank Group (AfDB), was attended by the World Bank, the Inter-American Development Bank (IDB), the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD), the International Finance Corporation (IFC), the Asian Development Bank (ADB) and the European Investment Bank (EIB).
Mr. Chanel Boucher, AfDB Vice President in charge of Policy, Planning and Research, officially opened the meeting, which discussed harmonization mechanisms and synergies between the Institutions in the important areas of Trust Funds Management, resource mobilization, co-financing operations as well as overall aid coordination activities.
Other issues on the agenda included the management of multi-donor/thematic Trust Funds, the evaluation mechanism of Trust Funds' impact and development effectiveness, the co-ordination of donor activities, Trust Funds grants mobilization, aid co-ordination and co-financing operations. (menareport.com)
- World Bank launches multi-donor trust fund for the Palestinian Authority
- Is trust the only missing ingredient from Egypt's economic reform recipe?
- World Bank authorized as Iraq Trust Fund administrator
- Celebrating 5 years of independent cinema in Beirut
- US official at WEF: Iraqi oil profits may be distributed to citizens as ''dividends''