Riyadh chamber discusses fodder
The Riyadh Chamber of Commerce and Industry agricultural committee is soon to organize a joint meeting with the Crop Silos and Flour Mills Public Corporation. According to Al-Hayat newspaper, the meeting is scheduled to deal with the issue of manufacturing fodder in Saudi Arabia.
Various agricultural and industrial investors and specialists will take part in the meeting, along with the ministers of agriculture and industry. Participants will look into cattle fodder alternatives, as Saudi Arabia is interested in reducing the quantity of the high-cost barley currently in use to feed livestock.
Five million tons of barley are imported into the country annually, according to Head of the Riyadh Chamber of Commerce and Industry, Abdul-Rahman Jereisy. These imports are valued at 2.5 billion Saudi riyals ($667 million). ― (MENA Report)
© 2001 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)
- Dubai Chamber discusses cooperation with GCC Standardisation Organisation
- Sharjah Chamber holds first general meeting of Food Trade & Industry Work Group
- Saudi Arabia annual barley imports at $122 million
- Australian business delegation arrives in Riyadh
- Riyadh to host GCC commercial fraud and imitation seminar