Russian Direct Investment Fund and Mubadala establish co-investment fund
The Russian Direct Investment Fund (RDIF) and Mubadala Development Company (Mubadala), the Abu Dhabi-based investment and development company, have announced the launch of a $2 billion co-investment fund to pursue opportunities in Russia.
The definitive agreement was announced at the St Petersburg International Economic Forum 2013 by CEO of RDIF Kirill Dmitriev and CEO of Mubadala Khaldoon Al Mubarak, according to a press release.
The fund will predominantly focus on long-term investment opportunities across a range of industry sectors, acting as a catalyst for direct investment in Russia. The announcement is aligned with Mubadala’s plans to establish a strong presence in key international markets.
Mubadala and RDIF are each committing $1 billion. The majority of Mubadala's commitment will be deployed in opportunities that will be evaluated on a deal-by-deal basis while some of the capital will be invested as an automatic co-investment into RDIF deals.
Kirill Dmitriev, CEO, RDIF said, “We are delighted to be forming this unique partnership with Mubadala, particularly as there are many synergies between both companies. Mubadala’s experience and track record in multiple industry sectors will enable significant value creation in our co-investments, and will increase foreign direct investment from Abu Dhabi into Russia. We value our cooperation with partners and the new joint venture will be another major step in strengthening our business collaboration.”
Khaldoon AlMubarak, Mubadala’s Chief Executive Officer, commented, “A partnership approach is at the heart of Mubadala’s business philosophy, and given the track record and caliber of the RDIF team we are confident that our collaboration will deliver long-term financial returns and development opportunities.”
- Is Islamic finance the sustainable banking model the banking world has been looking for?
- Less is more? In ironic twist, UAE's low income earners found to be saving more
- Egypt has a secret Swiss bank, except everyone knows about it
- Why is Jordan's inflation so high? These reasons may surprise you....
- The Middle East's lack of savings: a ticking time bomb?
- Mubadala Agrees to Invest $100 Million with Verno Capital
- Mubadala, Veolia Water set up JV
- Mubadala Development and Shell sign MOU to form strategic alliance
- Mubadala GE Capital reaches US$2 billion mark in commitments in first full year of operation
- Firm owned by Abu Dhabi Government buys 5% in Ferrari