SABIC affiliate awards air separation plant contract to Air Products
National Industrial Gases Company (GAS), an affiliate of Saudi Basic Industries Corporation (SABIC), has awarded a lump sum turnkey contract for the engineering, procurement and construction of an air separation plant to Air Products.
"As SABIC grows and moves towards its total production target of 48 million metric tons per year by 2010 we will need more oxygen as a feedstock for our downstream plants,” said Vice Chairman and CEO of SABIC, said Mohamed Al-Mady.
The plant will be constructed in Yanbu Industrial City and is scheduled for completion by the middle of 2005. The capacity will be 800 tons of oxygen per day. Established twenty years ago, and based in Jubail and Yanbu, the National Industrial Gases Company produces oxygen, nitrogen, argon, and krypton-xenon. — (menareport.com)
© 2003 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)
- German Linde to construct air separation plant for Saudi GAS
- SABIC awards ethylene glycol plant contract Toyo Engineering
- SABIC affiliate Gas signs SR 1.2 billion Islamic loan with Banque Saudi Fransi
- Sabic plans to build second Ethylene Glycol plant at Jubail United
- Saudi Arabia: Samsung Engineering gets US$300mn Air Separation project order