SABIC signs deal for construction of Polyolefins complex
Saudi Basic Industries Corporation (SABIC) concluded, on Wednesday September 14, 2005 a contract with Aker Kvaerner and China Petrochemical Corporation (SINOPEC) Joint Venture for the engineering, procurement and construction of its world-scale Polyolefins complex at YANSAB, in Yanbu, Saudi Arabia.
Eng. Yousef Al-Zamel, Vice President, SABIC Basic Chemicals, signed the contract for SABIC, for Aker Kvaerner its President, Mr. Wim Van der, Zande and Mr. Wang Zhenan for SINOPEC. Subject to contract, the two companies shall carryout engineering, procurement and construction of a Linear Low Density Polyethylene (LLDPE) plant as well as a Polypropylene (PP) plant. The project also includes the supply and construction of shared offsite product handling facilities. The two new plants are integral part of the main Ethylene and Propylene manufacturing complex. The annual design capacity for each plant is 400K MT.
The Polypropylene plant utilizes Dow technology and the LLDPE plant will use SABIC owned and patented polyethylene technology.
Eng. Yousef Al-Zamel said that work on this project commenced in July 2005. It is a major stride towards the construction of one of the largest world-class petrochemical plants using the latest state-of-the-art technology. The plant’s production will go on stream during April 2008.
YANSAB is the newest SABIC affiliate and is planned to produce 1.3 million tpa of Ethylene; 400,000 tpa of Propylene; 500,000 tpa of High Density Polyethylene (HDPE); 700,000 tpa of Mono Ethylene Glycol (MEG); and 250,000 tpa of Benzene, Xylene and toluene compound. The complex will manufacture a wide range of basic chemicals, intermediates and polymer products.
- Qatar selects Norwegian company to carry out FEED study for Mesaieed chemical plant
- German firm to construct Safco 4 Ammonia-Urea complex
- Sabic signs LOI with Stone & Webster for engineering, procurement and construction of HDPE plant at Yansab affiliate
- SABIC affiliate signs three deals
- SABIC SIGNS A LETTER OF INTENT (LOI) WITH STONE & WEBSTER FOR THE ENGINEERING, PROCUREMENT AND CONSTRUCTION OF HIGH DENSITY POLYETHYLENE (HDPE) PLANT