Samsung launches cutting-edge flat panel televisions
Samsung Electronics recently announced the launch of a comprehensive range of seven cutting-edge TFT-LCD and Plasma Display Panel (PDP) television models. Ranging in size from 15 inches to 63 inches, the new offerings are expected to both consolidate and grow the company’s current 20 percent share of the regional color television market.
Among the products unveiled were the world’s largest TFT-LCD and PDP televisions. The other models launched were 15-inch, 17-inch and 29-inch TFT-LCD televisions and 42-inch and 50-inch PDP televisions.
The enhanced portfolio of flat panel devices would play a key role in consolidating the company’s 20 per cent share of the regional colour television market. In 2002, the estimated market size for color televisions in Middle East and Africa is an estimated eight million units, up from seven million units in the previous year. While in 2001 Samsung’s share of the regional market stood at 19 percent, the company is targeting a 20 percent market share in 2002.
Founded in 1969 in Korea, Samsung Electronics today has 25 production bases worldwide and 59 sales subsidiaries in 46 countries. Samsung Electronics global strategy involves eight main regions: North America, Europe, Southeast Asia, Central Asia, Middle East & Africa (MEA), China, CIS and Latin America. — (menareport.com)
© 2002 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)
- Samsung Introduces State-of-the-Art Hospitality Range of Flat Panel TVs
- Panasonic Expands VIERA Range of Flat Panel TV’s For Growing Middle East Market
- LED-Lit TVs Help Samsung earnings Soar - Despite the economic downturn, consumers world-overbought some 500,000 LED-lit Samsung TVs in the first 100
- Samsung launches the new line of cutting edge Dishwashers in the UAE market
- LG’s Flat Panel Display products highly acclaimed in US and Germany