How bad is Saudi Arabia's airport staff? time to find out
The General Authority of Civil Aviation (GACA) has worked out programs to properly evaluate the performance of airport staff and give them orientation courses, GACA President Prince Fahd Bin Abdullah said in an interview with Okaz/Saudi Gazette.
“Those who prove their efficiency would survive and those who fail to do so will be removed from their posts,” he said.
Prince Fahd said that several Saudi university and scholarship graduates have been employed temporarily at new airport construction sites so as to enable them to acquire experience.
According to GACA chief, most of the international and local airports in the Kingdom are not keeping pace with the Kingdom’s overall growth and development boom.
Prince Fahd said that some 65 million domestic and foreign passengers use the Kingdom’s air traffic sector in a year. The number of passengers at the Kingdom’s local airports has shot up to 1.1 million. “We are striving to make available the best possible services for passengers. We are keen to increase our revenues to SR100 billion,” he said.
The GACA chief also unveiled plans to hand over Riyadh’s King Khaled International Airport to an independent company.
“Our another major ambition is the development of King Abdulaziz International Airport, Jeddah.
“It will have the capacity to receive 30 million passengers with the completion of the ongoing first phase.
“The number of passengers will be increased to 45 million and 80 million with the completion of the second and third phases respectively,” he added.
- Malnourished economy: global hunger leading to $2 trillion loss in world GDP
- Going green: UAE looks to save Dh6.98b a year by 2030 with renewable energy
- Diversify and dump the slump in the GCC
- Supervising the stoners: Egyptian tobacco traders call for the legalization of cannabis
- Frozen: Arab Spring economies barely trading with one another
- 8-year-old Yemeni child dies at hands of 40-year-old husband on wedding night
- Hajj in the time of Ebola: how Saudi Arabia plans to keep the epidemic out of Mecca
- Time to switch off! Ramadan TV does family-time more bad than good
- What is the link between Ramadan and online engagement? How many youtube videos do MENA users upload per hour? Find out here