Saudi Arabia’s lead in economic growth and stability must continue, says JEF chairman Sami Bahrawi
“Saudi Arabia is riding the wave of a second economic boom and we must now work hard to ensure that our economy continues to grow”, said Mr Sami Bahrawi, Chairman of the Jeddah Economic Forum. “We need to take advantage of the new opportunities that our success brings – but we must also learn from the lessons of the first boom in the 1970s.”
“If we are to achieve continued economic success”, Bahrawi said, “one of the key factors will be the use of privatization as a tool both to raise the efficiency of the economic system and to increase its competitive position in our integrated world.”
“How to privatize effectively will be a central subject in the 2007 Jeddah Economic Forum, when we will be hearing both from international experts and from our own leaders in the field.”
The 8th Jeddah Economic Forum will be held at the Hilton Hotel Jeddah from February 24th – 27th 2007 with the Theme: Economic Reform – Flourishing Grounds and Expanding Horizons.
- Saudi Arabia ranked 35th in World Economic Forum2007 Global Competitiveness Report
- Expert: International hotel brands will continue to lead in Arabia
- Should Saudi Arabia be concerned about the USA's growing oil shale output?
- Saudi economic boom to continue
- Saudi's burgeoning trade: Islamic economics thriving