And the Middle East country with the most billionaires is....
The total wealth of Saudi billionaires comprises more than half of the combined net worth of billionaires in the Middle East, the inaugural Wealth-X and UBS Billionaire Census shows.
It also states that Saudi Arabia is the country with the largest number of billionaires in the Middle East, with a total of 64 billionaires.
Sixty-six percent of Saudi billionaires have derived their wealth from inheritance-related fortunes (inherited and inherited/self-made).
Riyadh, meanwhile, leads the list of top billionaire cities in the region. It is ranked 8th on the global list, along with Paris, with a billionaire population of 25. Dubai holds the 10th position, with 24 billionaires.
The report said: “Middle Eastern billionaires are big spenders; the average value of real estate, yachts, and private planes that they own is the highest in the world.”
This year’s report highlights that billionaire’s wealth in the Middle East grew over the previous year as a result of strong equity and commodity markets.
The UAE has the second largest billionaire population in the Middle East.
Finance, banking, investment and real estate are the most significant industries in the UAE.
Billionaire wealth in the UAE has been supported by strong domestic equities — the Abu Dhabi stock index is up over 40 percent since July 2012.
- An economic slowdown? The pros and cons of Israel's weakening shekel
- A spectacle of $8 trillion and more: what's the MENA Investment Conference in London all about?
- An odd dynamic? Saudi using desert to emulate Chinese model and attract Chinese investors
- Are Islamic finance's non-Muslim adherents 'pushing the limits'?
- Against all odds: Bank Audi to expand in Egypt, Syria
- You probably know the first, but here are Forbes' revelations on the Arab world's top ten billionaires!
- New list of Arab Billionaires revealed
- Which Gulf country has the most billionaires? Take a wild guess
- Someone's ego is finally appeased: After severing ties with Forbes, Al-Waleed bin Talal makes it to bloomberg's billionaires list
- Saudi billionaire Prince Al-Walid joins calls for domestic reforms