Saudi Arabia: Foreign residents to invest directly in stock exchange
The foreign residents in Saudi Arabia will be allowed to invest directly in its stock exchange from Saturday, The Capital Markets Authority (CMA) stated. This latest announcement came as Saudi Arabia is making efforts to boost market demand following a two-week drop, news agencies reported.
CMA added the new move would be implemented from Saturday after King Abdullah approves it on Monday. So far, foreign residents in Saudi Arabia could invest in the bourse only via mutual funds.
- Saudi Arabia finalizing foreign investment framework, hoping to attract foreign funds
- Ahlan wa sahlan: Saudi Arabia to open stock market to foreigners on June 15
- Saudi Businesswomen Demand Own Stock Exchange
- Saudi bourse second opening to foreign investors
- There's no going back: what Saudi Arabia needs to do before opening up its stock market