Going green in Saudi Arabia
Saudi Arabia has a huge potential to be a catalyst for growth in the global market for green building materials which is expected to reach $406 billion by 2015, said an expert ahead of a key construction event.
“The sheer size of Saudi Arabia’s construction sector makes it a very influential market in promoting green building technologies and sustainable development in the region," remarked Ziyad Al-Rukban, the assistant general manager at Riyadh Exhibitions Company, the organisers of Saudi Build 2012, the 24th international construction technology and building materials exhibition.
The largest business-to-business construction fair in the Kingdom, Saudi Build will showcase the latest offerings in Building Materials & Equipment, Architectural Finishing Products, Stone, Marble and Granite Products, Construction Tools and Technology, Engineering Services, Infrastructure Materials, Security & Safety Systems.
The expo will be showcasing newly-developed green building strategies and technologies as part of efforts to enhance the Saudi’s reputation as a leading advocate of sustainable development, said Al-Rukban.
The upcoming Saudi Build 2012 actually validates this emerging trend as more and more exhibitors have confirmed to showcase a wide range of eco-friendly building solutions and value-added services, the expert added.
The Saudi government’s proactive efforts to encourage and provide incentives to developers and contractors that adopt green building practices have already generated strong interest worldwide, stated Al-Rukban.
Industry analysts believe that Saudi's construction boom, combined with the growing environmental consciousness and understanding of the long-term benefits of green building technologies, will propel the country towards becoming a regional leader in the sustainable development of new infrastructure and construction of new buildings.
"By providing direct access to leading suppliers of green building materials, and creating a dedicated avenue to discuss the latest industry trends, opportunities and challenges, the Saudi Build exhibition will surely play a crucial role in promoting green building practices and sustainable development in the Kingdom," he added.
Saudi Build expects to gather thousands of exhibitors and trade visitors from Europe, Africa, the Middle East and Asia. It is the only construction trade show in Saudi accredited by UFI, the Global Association of the Exhibition Industry.
The expo will be held concurrently with Saudi Stone-Tech 2012, the 14th International Stone and Stone Technology Show, and Saudi Build – The PMV Series 2012, the 3rd International Exhibition for Construction Equipment, Plant, Machinery and Vehicles, at the Riyadh International Convention & Exhibition Centre from November 11 to 14, 2012.
It is being organized by Riyadh Exhibition Company in collaboration with Verona Fiere and Confindustria Marmomacchine (Assomarmomacchine). The event caters to evolving requirements and changing trends in stone technology products and services.
- More valuable than gold or property at home? Overseas Property beats gold as more popular asset for UAE residents
- How to avoid turning your dream home into a nightmare
- The Kingdom will sure 'look different' by 2030: Saudi Arabia has 80 mega-projects up its sleeve
- Too pricey? MENA property hikes are off-putting for new buyers
- Fleeing war? UAE is the safe haven: Dubai property market is safe and secure according to a top banker
- Saudi Arabia to spend SAR 150 billion to construct smart buildings in the next eight years
- 850 exhibitors, 35 countries: Saudi Build 2013 opens in Riyadh
- Saudi Arabia's real estate sector to grow by up to 7 per cent until 2012 with increased efforts to address supply gap
- Saudi Arabia: Show to highlight booming construction sector
- Green flag, green economy: Saudi Arabian investments in green projects to exceed $26 billion