Saudi to build 63 new hospitals in the next five years
Saudi's Ministry of Health said the new hospitals will increase patient beds to 68,000 (File/AFP)
Click here to add International Convention & Exhibition Center as an alert
Disable alert for International Convention & ...,
Click here to add Ministry of Health as an alert
Disable alert for Ministry of Health,
Click here to add Riyadh Exhibitions Company as an alert
Disable alert for Riyadh Exhibitions Company,
Click here to add Salah Al- Mazroa as an alert
Disable alert for Salah Al- Mazroa
Saudi Arabia is planning to establish a total of 63 new hospitals within the coming five years, increasing bed capacity to reach around 68,000 beds, compared to 38,000 beds today, said a top government official.
The Ministry of Health (MoH) reaffirms the importance of providing the best medical services to all Saudi population in an effective and uncomplicated manner under highest standards of quality, added Dr Salah Al- Mazroa, Deputy Minister of Health for Engineering Affairs and Supply.
He was speaking underlining the importance of the upcoming Saudi Health Exhibition & Conference as an ideal platform to exchange expertise and learn about the latest healthcare products, technologies and international trends in the industry.
The event will take place from May 19 to 21 at Riyadh International Convention & Exhibition Center.
“The Saudi Health Exhibition & Conference offers an interactive platform aiming to contribute to the healthcare infrastructure development in the Kingdom, as it provides healthcare service providers and specialized local companies the opportunity to explore the latest innovations, trends, advanced technology solutions, as well as best international practices in the industry,” Dr Al- Mazroa explained.
“The event provides new prospects to boost foreign investments in the local healthcare industry and enables the local market to benefit from the leading expertise of foreign companies, thereby improving the level of local healthcare services and enhancing industry performance. The event is expected to attract a growing number of visitors and exhibitors, compared to its previous edition.”
Saudi Health Exhibition & Conference 2014 is being organized in cooperation with Riyadh Exhibitions Company (REC) and Informa Life Sciences Exhibitions.
The event is expected to accommodate over 300 exhibitors ranging between medical companies, healthcare service providers, agents, suppliers and distributors to shed light on the latest advances for an audience comprising healthcare specialists from various industry fields.
The exhibition will feature nine CME-accredited conferences to highlight significant health issues in the Kingdom as well as the wider region. These topics include nursing, hospital management, medical laboratory, cardiology, technical management of radiology as well as the future of radiology in Saudi Arabia, nuclear medicine, rehabilitation and the future of Saudi Arabia’s healthcare sector.
- Al Tayer bucks the US department store trend with Bloomingdale's Kuwait opening
- Gulf Islamic banks set to outperform conventional banks for second year: Moody's
- Jordan secures EU finance for socioeconomic and environmental programs
- Same-day service deliveries in GCC an untapped market: Wing CEO
- Will terror attacks damper Arabs' appetite for European holidays?
- Oil prices hit new five year low
- Saudi Arabia alone will need around one million new homes over the next five years
- Minister: Saudi Arabia to eradicate unemployment within five years
- Starwood Hotels & Resorts to open 40 new hotels in the Middle East and North Africa in the next five years
- Marriott's portfolio will more than double to 74 hotels and resorts in Middle East and Africa over five next years