Saudi Arabia announces new speedy mechanism to settle labor disputes
The Labor Ministry announced Saturday that it has taken steps to settle labor disputes within 10 weeks.
The mechanism to settle such disputes is to be made public after Eid Al-Adha holidays.
The ministry held a meeting with labor commission officials last week to discuss measures for speedy settlement of disputes and to avoid accumulation of cases that could prevent workers from obtaining their rights.
“We have adopted three steps for settlement: First through reconciliation offices where a case will not remain for more than two weeks. The case will then be passed to the preliminary committee where it will not stay for more than four weeks. The higher commission is the last resort, which will issue a final verdict within four weeks,” a ministry official said.
- GCC eyes on fertilizers that combat nutrition deficiencies
- New reports tells us all there is to know about salary increases in the GCC
- Misrata: Libya's 'entrepreneurial phoenix'?
- 'Dreams for Sale': an inside look into the domestic worker life in Lebanon
- A thriving black market: the lucrative business of runaway maids