Saudi Arabia: Listed firms make profits
A total of 68 public joint stock companies operating in Saudi Arabia, whose shares are being traded in the Saudi Stock Exchange, reported net profits of SR38.23 billion ($10.19 billion) during the first six months of this year, a report said.
The top two firms have together garnered 40.7 of the total profits, reported the Gulf News. The industrial companies altogether generated profits of SR11.31 billion and the telecom sector made a net profit of SR6.96 billion.
- All is pegged to oil? Saudi construction firms' profit plunges 39%
- Imitating royal handouts: Saudi Arabia's largest companies to issue free bonuses (to nationals only of course)
- What makes social progress: UAE beats other Middle East countries in the Social Progress Index
- No longer a 'market darling': Saudi’s Mobily to slash dividends after accounting scandal
- Saudi Arabia: Publically listed companies to double by 2010