Saudi Arabia: Plan to build shopping mall for ”women only”
The A'al Mehdi Real Estate Co. plans to construct the largest ever shopping mall in the capital Riyadh, which would be exclusively for women and would be completely closed, in accordance with the Kingdom's traditions.
According to Saudi Economic Survey, the shopping mall is to be set up on a 30,000 sq. meter area. It will be located on King Fahd Road. It cost has been put at SR 250 million.
The owner and Executive President of A'al Mehdi Holding Group was quoted as saying that the feasibility study for the project has already been completed and its implementation would be completed in about a year and a half.
According to him, after the projects is completed, the shopping mall would provide about 1,000 jobs for women as sales girls, security personnel and administrators.
The shopping mall would have three floors. The first and second floors would be allocated for showrooms selling famous international brands, while the third floor would be reserved for administrative offices.
- Not a rumour after all! Saudi Arabia to build women-only industrial city
- Cheeky Saudi Youths Find Ways to Enter Family-Only Malls
- No mixed bag for Saudi shoppers: sex-segregation walls introduced
- Saudi Arabia: First Gulf Women Real Estate Shopping Festival
- Knickers in a twist: Saudi lingerie shops shut down over male workers