GCC Kingdom leading private equity destination in the Middle East
Strong economic fundamentals make Saudi Arabia the leading private equity (PE) destination in the region, the recently held industry forum showed.
Citing the World Investment Report, Adil Dahlawi, Managing Director & CEO at Itqan Capital, said “fundamental factors like demographics, the robustness of financial institutions, healthy economic outlook and steady growth, continue to place the Kingdom as a leading PE destination in the region, as Saudi Arabia ranks among the top 15 countries worldwide in FDI inflows and remains the largest in MENA.”
The recently held 2013 PE Partner Equity Forum in Riyadh attracted a large number of participants.
Itqan Capital, a superior provider of investment offerings in the Saudi market, sponsored the forum, which addressed investment opportunities in vital sectors including education, healthcare, consumer-driven sectors, and industries as well as alternative energy.
The forum offered a platform for participants from numerous fields and practices to discuss and share their perspectives on accessing investment opportunities as well as capital sources in the Kingdom.
He further said “Saudi Arabia’s resilience to the Arab Spring has assured the Kingdom’s position with major international investors as an attractive and promising investment destination.”
- What doesn't kill you, makes your stronger: why the Arab Bank is likely to emerge from the Israeli lawsuit 'unscathed with flying colors'
- Too foreign? An inside look into the struggles of foreign banks in Saudi Arabia
- A clash of civilizations: are foreigners newly entering the Saudi stock market about to face a culture shock?
- From tweets to public outrage: understanding Turkey's bitterness towards credit rating agencies
- A much-expected symptom? Arab banks to feel the pinch of the region's political turmoil