Saudi dealer denies marketing faulty Fords
The Al-Jazirah Vehicles Agencies, the exclusive agent of the American Ford automobile company in Saudi Arabia, has denied rumors that it had been marketing the new Ford Explorer 2002 car throughout the Kingdom.
According to reports in Al-Watan, sources in Detroit stated that Ford had recalled 50,000 vehicles of the new Ford Explorer model 2002 due to potential defects in the car’s right-side tire.
The director general of the Saudi agency said that promotion of the new Ford Explorer car had not yet begun either in the United States or elsewhere worldwide. However, several test-drives have already been conducted for the particular Ford model in the United States.
Al-Jazirah recently announced the appointment of 11 new Ford sub-dealers throughout the Saudi kingdom. ― (MENA Report)
© 2001 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)
- US automakers gravitate toward Internet by Valerie Leroux
- Saudi dealer denies marketing faulty Fords
- Ford and Al Jazirah Vehicles agencies Co. partner with King Abdulaziz University to bring ‘Driving Skills for Life’ to the Kingdom, to help reduce youth traffic fatalities
- Al Jazirah Vehicles Agencies expands into Jazan
- Ford accelerates new product introductions, expects to close 2010 with an impressive 40 per cent growth in Saudi Arabia