House of Saud appoints new boss of Economic Council
Saudia Arabia's King has appointed a new boss of the Kingdoms's Higher Economic Council
Click here to add Abdullah bin Abdulaziz as an alert
Disable alert for Abdullah bin Abdulaziz,
Click here to add Emirates Centre of Strategic Studies as an alert
Disable alert for Emirates Centre of Strateg ...,
Click here to add King Saud University as an alert
Disable alert for King Saud University,
Click here to add Majid Abdullah al-Moneef as an alert
Disable alert for Majid Abdullah al-Moneef,
Click here to add Organization of Petroleum-Exporting Countries as an alert
Disable alert for Organization of Petroleum- ...,
Click here to add Oxford Energy Policy Club as an alert
Disable alert for Oxford Energy Policy Club,
Click here to add Saudi High Economic Council as an alert
Disable alert for Saudi High Economic Council
King Abdullah bin Abdulaziz, of Saudi Arabia, appointed on Monday Majid Abdullah al-Moneef as the new Secretary General of the Saudi High Economic Council.
Moneef was Saudi Arabia’s Governor to OPEC, Senior Advisor to the Minister of Petroleum and Mineral Resources, a member of the Oxford Energy Policy Club and a professor of economics at King Saud University, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.
He’s well versed in the field of energy and environmental economics, international trade and finance as well as public finance and policy, according to the Emirates Centre of Strategic Studies and research.
As the new Secretary General of the Saudi High Economic Council, Moneef will supervise all affairs and communicate with ministries, government agencies and other bodies.
He will also possess financial and administrative authorities similar to those of heads of independent institutions, without infringement on any of the Council’s regulations.
Moneef’s appointment was announced in a Cabinet meeting, which had a number of articles on its agenda one of them was the approval of the country’s state budget for the new fiscal year.
- Nip, tuck: Dubai's grand plans for being a major player in medical tourism
- Zain, UNHCR, Facebook to bring free internet access to urban refugees in Jordan
- Yemen Central Bank headquarters to relocate from Sanaa to Aden
- IMF report details the crippling economic effects of conflict in MENA
- Start Up Lebanon entrepreneurs head to Silicon Valley Roadshow
- House of Saud lays out its cards: Saudi's private sector sets out its stalls to conquer 2015 via education, health, economics, social services
- Bahrain's King appoints new member at Tenders Council
- Saudi economic council nods to power '\'regulator'\'
- Inside the House of Saud: Saudi's rules of succession
- Reform&liberalization: King Abdullah\'s economic agenda