Saudi Etisalat seeks SR 2.5 billion loan
Riyadh Bank revealed that it was commissioned by the Saudi Telecommunication Company (Etisalat) with arranging a SR 2.5 billion ($666.7 million) loan in cooperation with a group of other banks including the Arab National Bank, the Saudi British Bank in Saudi Arabia and the Arab Limited Bank in Jordan.
According to Al-Hayat newspaper, Etisalat will use this loan to finance a number of new projects such as expanding and developing the local mobile network, the domestic telephone system, Internet projects and information services. The company presently operates 3 million fixed telephone lines and 1.2 million mobile telephone lines. Over the past 1.5 years, Etisalat company managed to install 1.3 million telephone lines.
The Saudi Arab Monetary Authority (SAMA) revealed that the Saudi Etisalat had gained SR 14 billion ($3.73 billion) profits last year. The Saudi telecommunication sector is considered the second largest economic sector in Saudi Arabia in terms of the generated treasury’s revenues, after the petroleum sector. –(Albawaba-MEBG)
- Saudi Telecom seeks SR 2.5 billion loan
- SABIC AFFILIATE GAS SIGNS SR 1.2 BILLION ISLAMIC LOAN WITH BANQUE SAUDI FRANSI “BSF” AND APPOINTS BSF AS FINANCIAL ADVISOR AND LEAD ARRANGER FOR ITS
- A nation of have-nots: 40% of Saudis don't have access to real estate loans
- MTC Group seeking $5 billion credit; not loan
- MTC Group seeking $5 billion credit; not Loan