Saudi hospitality sector to grow by 2.5 percent annually by 2017
The hospitality sector in Saudi Arabia is set to grow on a steady average of 2.5 percent year-on-year between now and 2017 and this week sees the industry bring the very latest products and solutions to the Kingdom as the Hotel Saudi 2014 opened its doors in Jeddah Tuesday.
“Hospitality in Saudi Arabia is one that continues to represent a stable growth market for the future,” said Christine Davidson, event director at the Hotel Show 2014. “This week we will see some of the most innovative products, services and intelligence from across the local, regional and international hospitality industry brought to the Kingdom.”
The event opened will run until Thursday at the Jeddah Center for Forums and Events. The hotel show will host more than 127 exhibitors from 20 countries.
With the industry currently worth $1.3 billion in 2014 alone, participants will be able to find solutions that support the growth of their projects in the Kingdom and deliver sustainable results across a variety of sectors.
“We have consistently found that business conversations have been instigated at the event and that this kind of platform really creates a dialogue between buyers and suppliers, creating real opportunity, sharing best practice and understanding the latest challenges and trends within the local market,” Davidson said.
The event is supported by the Jeddah Chamber of Commerce and Industry, the Saudi Commission for Tourism and Antiquities and MICE.
Knowledge partners include Euromonitor International, Ventures Middle East and TOP Hotel Projects
- Oman’s Duqm tourist complex moves forward with government approval
- Kuwait fights budget deficit: Reexamining government salaries, expatriate labor
- Tunisian Confederation of Industry, Trade, and Handicrafts fights nationwide unemployment levels
- Construction costs fall in Dubai
- Western tourists flock to Iran, could generate $30B in new revenue
- The more the merrier: Saudi Arabia's hospitality sector set to grow to $93billion by 2019
- AAME show growing by more than 25 percent
- The future is bright: Saudi manufacturing sector set to grow by 7.5 percent annually
- Give me the gold! Why Middle East demand for the precious metal in the jewelry business is growing 25+ percent annually
- Middle East packaging industry records 25 percent annual growth