Saudi investments in Egypt’s tourism sector assessed
Egyptian tourism specialists predict that Saudi investments in Egyptian tourist projects will rise to as much as much as 1.6 billion Egyptian pounds ($405 million) this year.
The same specialists added that local, international and Arab investors in general, and Saudi investors in particular, have shown increased interest in Egypt’s tourism sector, according to Al-Sharq Al-Awsat daily.
Interest in investments has been coupled by a rise in the number of Saudi visitors to Egypt as well. During the first half of the current year, approximately 11,500 Saudi tourists arrived, indicating a 2.29 percent increment compared to the previous year.
Today, Saudi Arabia occupies second place in terms of incoming tourists to Egypt, followed closely by Libya, from which 11,900 tourists visited, and the Palestinian Authority (PA) from which 9,000 people arrived. –(MENA Report)
© 2001 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)
- Saudi investments in Egypt
- TASWEEK Real Estate Marketing & Development assesses MENA residential sector at Cityscape Global
- Saudi Arabia at 10th International Tourism and Investment Forum in Egypt
- Prince Sultan Bin Salman Highlights KSA’s Tourism Potential at Travel and Tourism Investment Forum
- Saudi Travel & Tourism Investment Market 2010 to discuss financing tools & recruitment strategies for local tourism sector