Saudi's IDB mulls funding Lebanese projects
[Lebanon's] Industry Minister Vreij Sabounjian said the Islamic Development Bank is highly interested in funding projects in Lebanon, adding that the country’s high profile participation in the Riyadh economic summit was beneficial in strengthening ties with Arab countries.
“The bank has shown keen interest in infrastructure projects approved by the Lebanese government recently,” he said.
The IDB is the financial arm of the Jeddah-based Organization of the Islamic Conference, which has extended many loans to the government covering the telecommunications, transportation and health care sectors.
- 7% of Emaratis had to deal with a false positive with their bank - survey
- Trade between 18 Arab countries hikes to $2.1 trillion - IMF
- Allocating more funds to SWF would improve Saudi wealth returns
- Sovereign wealth funds in GCC focus more on local investments
- US economy improving only for owners of inflated stocks and real estate