Saudi's IDB mulls funding Lebanese projects
[Lebanon's] Industry Minister Vreij Sabounjian said the Islamic Development Bank is highly interested in funding projects in Lebanon, adding that the country’s high profile participation in the Riyadh economic summit was beneficial in strengthening ties with Arab countries.
“The bank has shown keen interest in infrastructure projects approved by the Lebanese government recently,” he said.
The IDB is the financial arm of the Jeddah-based Organization of the Islamic Conference, which has extended many loans to the government covering the telecommunications, transportation and health care sectors.
- Deflation shocks in emerging markets and the GCC currency peg
- Crashing oil: has the time come for GCC countries to tax their citizens?
- Moody indeed: how did Moody's rate the ME's banks for 2015?
- The Middle East's Switzerland? Lebanon's banking secrecy is here to stay
- Precious retirement: why UAE expats are moving their pensions out of the UK