Saudi's IDB mulls funding Lebanese projects
[Lebanon's] Industry Minister Vreij Sabounjian said the Islamic Development Bank is highly interested in funding projects in Lebanon, adding that the country’s high profile participation in the Riyadh economic summit was beneficial in strengthening ties with Arab countries.
“The bank has shown keen interest in infrastructure projects approved by the Lebanese government recently,” he said.
The IDB is the financial arm of the Jeddah-based Organization of the Islamic Conference, which has extended many loans to the government covering the telecommunications, transportation and health care sectors.
- Giving up on the EU? Greece, Cyprus look to GCC investors
- Turkish whistleblower: government can hand over any bank to state fund
- Why Israelis are rushing to empty out their Swiss bank accounts
- Wealth in the land of Arab Spring: Egypt's top ten richest men in 2014
- Will the US dollar peg protect GCC currencies?