Saudi's IDB mulls funding Lebanese projects
[Lebanon's] Industry Minister Vreij Sabounjian said the Islamic Development Bank is highly interested in funding projects in Lebanon, adding that the country’s high profile participation in the Riyadh economic summit was beneficial in strengthening ties with Arab countries.
“The bank has shown keen interest in infrastructure projects approved by the Lebanese government recently,” he said.
The IDB is the financial arm of the Jeddah-based Organization of the Islamic Conference, which has extended many loans to the government covering the telecommunications, transportation and health care sectors.
- Understanding the ripple effect: 8 reasons the US economy has slowed down in Q1 of 2015
- Can Bahrian emerge from the oil price plunge 'stronger than ever'?
- Egyptian stocks plummet as Yemen confict deepens
- UAE sweetens flotation regulations to attract more investment
- Replacing Switzerland? Why Lebanon isn't keeping its banking secrecy a secret