Saudi's IDB mulls funding Lebanese projects
[Lebanon's] Industry Minister Vreij Sabounjian said the Islamic Development Bank is highly interested in funding projects in Lebanon, adding that the country’s high profile participation in the Riyadh economic summit was beneficial in strengthening ties with Arab countries.
“The bank has shown keen interest in infrastructure projects approved by the Lebanese government recently,” he said.
The IDB is the financial arm of the Jeddah-based Organization of the Islamic Conference, which has extended many loans to the government covering the telecommunications, transportation and health care sectors.
- The cost of delivery: how to financially prepare yourself for having a baby
- Istanbul Tower: a cruel reminder of what could have been...for Greece
- An unfathomable figure: GCC banking assets set to hit $2 trillion by 2015
- Too much of a good thing? Why IPO's can result in an overly stoked UAE stock market
- Diversifying to Africa: Gulf countries to pump $30 billion into the continent