Saudi's IDB mulls funding Lebanese projects
[Lebanon's] Industry Minister Vreij Sabounjian said the Islamic Development Bank is highly interested in funding projects in Lebanon, adding that the country’s high profile participation in the Riyadh economic summit was beneficial in strengthening ties with Arab countries.
“The bank has shown keen interest in infrastructure projects approved by the Lebanese government recently,” he said.
The IDB is the financial arm of the Jeddah-based Organization of the Islamic Conference, which has extended many loans to the government covering the telecommunications, transportation and health care sectors.
- Why is Jordan's inflation so high? These reasons may surprise you....
- The Middle East's lack of savings: a ticking time bomb?
- How a Middle Eastern bank fought off the global financial crisis and turned around
- The GCC's small businesses need to prepare themselves for bankcruptcy
- Why the World Bank is ill-prepared when it comes to dealing with the Middle East