Saudi population growth reaches 2.5 percent
The growth rate Saudi Arabia’s population stands at 2.5 percent per annum, with 500,000 Saudis born every year, a recently held symposium on The Future of Housing in Riyadh revealed, Al-Sharq Al-Awsat reported.
The symposium revealed that 50 percent of the local population is below 20 years of age. Thus, the demand for housing is expected to exponentially rise in the near future. — (menareport.com)
© 2001 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)
- Water desalination: the latest display of Saudi Arabia's technological advancements?
- Global : High population growth to puts a pressure on government for basic amenities, infrastructure and medical services.
- Growth in Iran standing at 5 percent per annum
- Egyptian population reaches 69.2 million
- Does the Gulf need a plan for its plan? Pensions to reach $5 trillion by 2020