Saudi population hits 20 million
A recently publicized study, quoted by Al-Sharq Al-Awsat newspaper, asserts that the population of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia had hit 20 million by the end of the third quarter of 2000, making it the largest of the Arabian Gulf states. The study also showed that 80 percent of Saudis are national inhabitants, while the remaining 20 percent are expatriates.
The study revealed also that the total population of the Arabian Gulf states grew to 30.3 million by the end of the third quarter of 2000. This includes 20.9 million (68.9 percent) national inhabitants and 9.4 million (31.1 percent) expatriates. ¯ (Albawaba-MEBG)