Always outside the box: Al-Waleed bin Talal considers investing in Portugal
Prince Alwaleed bin Talal, chairman of Kingdom Holding Company, received at his office, Manuel Carvalho, Portuguese Ambassador to Saudi Arabia.
He was accompanied with Carlos Oliveira, first secretary and deputy head of mission.
Nahla Nasser Alanbar, private executive assistant to the chairman and Fahad bin Saad bin Nafel, executive assistant to the chairman, also attended the talks.
The meeting began as Carvalho thanked the prince for receiving him and as it is the first meeting for the envoy with Prince Alwaleed since he took up post as Portuguese Ambassador to Saudi Arabia.
The ambassador and the prince also discussed a number of topics related to economic bilateral ties between Saudi Arabia and Portugal.
Also on the agenda of discussions were investment issues especially in light of Prince Alwaleed’s local, regional and international investments in various sectors such as banking, real estate, media and hotels.
During the meeting, the ambassador also referred to the long and strong friendship Portugal has with Arab countries.
Carvalho highlighted investment opportunities in Portugal and invited the prince to visit his country.
Furthermore, the ambassador commended Prince Alwaleed on his achievements that have propelled the wheel of economic development.
In response, the prince welcomed the idea to invest in Portugal and promised to visit the country in the near future.
- DSF promises life-changing moments for shoppers
- Why investing in your employees and company will pay off
- Kuwait in financial flux: KSE closes the gap, making up for previous weeks' losses
- House of Saud lays out its cards: Saudi's private sector sets out its stalls to conquer 2015 via education, health, economics, social services
- Oil losses good for the Gulf sector? Slipping prices, now below $60, no threat to Saudi market