Fancy a prayer-rug themed Toyota? Yes, it's possible.
In a first of its kind, Toyota Japan executed an agreement with Abdul Latif Jameel (LAJ) – Toyota Saudi Arabia – on which a coordination will be established with Nafeesa Shams Academy for Arts and Handicrafts, a Bab Rizq Jameel affiliate, to turn over the rugs produced by the academy, so Toyota Japan will use such prayer rugs to furnish some of Toyota 's models exported to some Gulf countries.
Mrs. Jawaher Alzahrani, Director of the academy, said the work begins 4 months ago and quantities of such prayer rugs have been exported already to Toyota Japan in collaboration with ALJ.
The prayer rugs, however, are made by Saudi females trained at the academy thus the materials are supplied to their houses where the weaving is implemented.
Alzahrani also said such prayer rugs produced by the academy found constant demand taking into consideration that nearly 1,500 prayer rugs are shipped to Japan monthly.
As to craftsmanship, MAlzahrani said the materials and weaving process is subjected to rigid supervision by a team designated by ALJ for quality. In addition, Toyota Japan ensures the quality of such prayer rugs before putting them inside Toyota cars.
Nafeesa Shams for Arts and Handicraft entered into agreement with ALJ 4 years ago in order to fit Toyota brands an Lexus vehicles shipped to Saudi Arabia with such prayer rugs. As a result, we managed to produce more than 15,000 prayer rug monthly by 250 Saudi females specialized in rugs weaving. — SG
- Putting the 'ease of doing business' index to test: all you need to know about setting up a business in Dubai
- What can the GCC learn from China's economic model?
- A blessing in disguise? The Lebanese respond to economic crunch with small cars
- Abu Dhabi as the Star Wars' set: the region's superstar?
- What will the effect of losing the World Cup be on Qatar? 'Very small' says study
- Toyota Senior Executive Comments on Patience In Kuwait
- Toyota Plaza to be built in Bahrain
- The worlds most popular car marks 40.01 million sales figure
- New prayer halls to be built at Dubai's public parks
- How is it still the world's largest car manufacturer? Toyota forced to recall another 6 million vehicles over 'string of problems'