Saudi reforms will boost economic development of kingdom
US Trade Secretary Carols Gutierrez stressed that economic reforms made by Saudi Arabia will help diversify the kingdom's economy and boost economic development.
Gutierrez pointed out the wise management of the Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Abdullah bin Abdulaziz, according to <i> Asharq Al-Awsat</i>.
"Saudi Arabia's reforms have already brought positive changes to the economy as a whole. Further progress will continue strengthening and diversifying the Saudi economy," Gutierrez added.
The trade secretary said that the oil sector would continue to represent a large portion of the economy, but that "Saudi Arabia can develop in a more stable and diversified way."
He added that Saudi Arabia WTO accession is the crowning achievement of continuing efforts on the part of the kingdom to modernize and strengthen its economy.
- Reforms in pipeline as Kingdom eyes economic recovery
- Saudi king vows reforms and development
- Saudi oil output is likely to be lower than its average, Kingdom needs fiscal reforms
- world figures gather today for global competitiveness forum 3 day economic event begins in kingdom of saudi arabia
- Housing projects spur economic growth in Saudi Arabia