Saudi Stock Exchange introduces streaming quote technology
The Saudi Arabia Stock Exchange has introduced new streaming quote technology, Tadawul Streaming Quotes, to present share prices more efficiently and to allow investors to track the Tadawul All-Share Index (TASI).
Saudi quoted companies are grouped by sector, such as agricultural, banking and industrial, and the new system maintains the relevant web page on screen without the need for reloading. Information includes the latest share price, change on the day, volume of shares traded, bid and offer prices, and the annual low and high of the share price.
There are about 80 firms listed on the Saudi Stock Market. The market is supervised by the Saudi Arabian Monetary Agency (Sama), which, in 1997, approved the participation of international investors in the market through mutual funds. Market capitalization between 1990 and 2002 increased by 189 percent and the all share index has increased by 157 percent. — (menareport.com)
© 2003 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)
- middle east investors shift to green technology regional investors see new profit streams in worldwide push for alternative energy, say organisers of
- Saudi American Bank introduces online stock exchange system
- Nikken Sekkei showcases design of Saudi Stock Exchange Tadawul project at Cityscape Global
- Mubasher facilitates e-trading on international stock markets and commodities, gold, silver and currency exchanges
- Turkey to benefit from strong ties to Saudi exchange