Saudi stocks edge upwards
Most Gulf stock markets were closed yesterday for the New Year, but Saudi Arabia and Oman were open and performed well
Click here to add Heavyweight Saudi Basic Industries Corp. as an alert
Disable alert for Heavyweight Saudi Basic In ...,
Click here to add Saudi Fertilizers Co as an alert
Disable alert for Saudi Fertilizers Co,
Click here to add United States Senate as an alert
Disable alert for United States Senate
Saudi stocks close higher yesterday with gains in all sectors after oil prices edged up on Monday and the U.S. Senate passed a deal to avert a "fiscal cliff" which threatened the world's largest economy.
The all-share ends 0.9 per cent higher to 6,860 points and the petrochemical index jumps 1.8pc to 5,959 points.
Heavyweight Saudi Basic Industries Corp. (SABIC) adds 0.6pc and Saudi Fertilizers Co (SAFCO) gains 1.6pc.
Most Gulf stock markets were closed yesterday for the New Year holiday, but Saudi Arabia and Oman were open.
In Oman, the index closes slightly higher, gaining 0.05pc, to 5,764 points. The government yesterday passed a 2013 budget plan with spending of 12.9 billion rials ($33.5bn) and a revenue of 11.2bn rials.
- Nip, tuck: Dubai's grand plans for being a major player in medical tourism
- Zain, UNHCR, Facebook to bring free internet access to urban refugees in Jordan
- Yemen Central Bank headquarters to relocate from Sanaa to Aden
- IMF report details the crippling economic effects of conflict in MENA
- Start Up Lebanon entrepreneurs head to Silicon Valley Roadshow