Saudi 'tourism' generates 1.6 million jobs since 2009
Saudi tourism sector boosts the national economy and provides a lot of jobs to different groups of people
Click here to add Faisal bin Abdullah as an alert
Disable alert for Faisal bin Abdullah,
Click here to add Khalid Tahir as an alert
Disable alert for Khalid Tahir,
Click here to add Muhammad Al-Jasser as an alert
Disable alert for Muhammad Al-Jasser,
Click here to add Saudi Commission for Tourism and Antiquities as an alert
Disable alert for Saudi Commission for Touri ...,
Click here to add Saudi Red Crescent Authority as an alert
Disable alert for Saudi Red Crescent Authority,
Click here to add Sultan Bin Salman as an alert
Disable alert for Sultan Bin Salman
Saudi Arabia's tourism sector will provide 1.6 million jobs by 2015, Prince Sultan bin Salman, president of the Saudi Commission for Tourism and Antiquities (SCTA), announced yesterday.
Speaking to Minister of Economy and Planning Muhammad Al-Jasser, the SCTA chief emphasized the need to activate the agreement between the two organizations to exchange information and coordinate national planning for the sector. “By the end of 2010, the number of direct and indirect jobs created by the sector rose to 1.2 million,” the prince said. Among them, 128,000 were Saudi.
Al-Jasser stressed the important role of tourism in boosting the national economy, adding that it provides a lot of jobs to different groups of people. “I was very happy to know the remarkable achievements of SCTA during the past years in promoting domestic tourism,” the minister said, adding that the ministry would extend all support to the sector.
During the meeting, a documentary on the Kingdom’s tourism development strategy was screened. Meanwhile, President of Saudi Red Crescent Authority Prince Faisal bin Abdullah yesterday received a delegation from the SCTA headed by SCTA Deputy Chairman Khalid Tahir.
The meeting discussed aspects of cooperation between the two departments, particularly in the area of training and SRCA participation in summer functions sponsored by the SCTA.
- Will terror attacks damper Arabs' appetite for European holidays?
- So cool it's hot: Saudi Arabia's $3.2B HVACR market driven by construction boom
- US, EU protectionist policies may be a blessing in disguise for GCC suppliers
- Dubai to Doha: How far can you stretch your dirham?
- OPEC's poor history of compliance will make production cut deal a challenge
- SHUAA reports first half loss of AED37.1 million due to difficult market conditions
- 8-year-old Yemeni child dies at hands of 40-year-old husband on wedding night
- Travel & Tourism key factors for KSA’s sustained economic growth amidst downturn
- Saudi Arabia forecasts tourism sector will generate one million jobs by 2020
- What oil price slump? GCC's private wealth doubles to $2.2 trillion