Saudi wins promotion to top Al-Rajhi retail banking position
A Saudi employee of one of the Kingdom’s Al-Rajhi Banking and Investment Corporation has been appointed to head of the bank’s retail division after 12 years with the company.
Saeed Al-Ghamdi, who started with Al-Rajhi Banking and Investment Corporation as a computer programmer in 1991, now has overall control of retail operations for the bank in Saudi Arabia.
Since taking up his new position, Saeed Al-Ghamdi has been the driving force behind several partnerships to ensure the bank retains its pole position in the industry. One of the most important has been with the management consultancy and technology services company Accenture. Through this partnership, Al-Rajhi has managed to totally overhaul its day-to-day operations.
Al-Rajhi is the largest retail bank in Saudi Arabia with 377 branches, 10 showrooms, and more than 850 ATMs. The bank will increase the number of ATMs to some 1,100 later this year. It has placed particular emphasis is empowering its customers through technology and offers the widest range of internet and telephone banking services currently available. — (menareport.com)
© 2003 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)
- Rajhi Capital announcing the launch of its Capital Protected Funds
- NCB Capital remains positive on Saudi banking sector fundementals
- Burgan Bank boasts 32 percent revenue growth in 2001
- Al-Rajhi CFE transforms into a Saudi retail bank
- NCB Capital believes KSA banking sector offers compelling investment opportunity