Schlumberger completes operational solution for Tunisiana
SchlumbergerSema, the IT business segment of oilfield and information service company Schlumberger, has completed a major new implementation of its BSCS 7.0 customer care and billing solution, for Tunisian telecom operator Tunisiana. SchlumbergerSema was able to complete the two million dollar project in less than two months.
Tunisiana is Tunisia`s second GSM network and has two major shareholders, Orascom Telecom and Wataniya Kuwait. Tunisiana recognized that in an emerging market the vast majority of initial customers will be prepaid subscribers and, therefore, it must manage its 175,000-subscriber base from a convergent prepaid/postpaid customer care and billing system.
While the number of prepaid subscribers currently stands at 98 percent, Tunisiana intends to actively encourage customers into the postpaid market segment. The BSCS 7.0 solution from SchlumbergerSema will allow Tunisiana to manage this change, while enabling the company to offer new products and services.
The key advantage of the BSCS 7.0 solution comes through enabling instant access to all customer-related information and improving the configuration of the entire operator system. The solution also incorporates a range of new products and innovative functionalities, such as prepaid/postpaid integration, flexible rating, real-time rating, content rating, enhanced Virtual Private Network support and mobile number portability, helping the operator to build customer loyalty and increase Average Revenue per User.
Tunisiana is owned by two major shareholders, Orascom Telecom and Wataniya Kuwait. Orascom Telecom is the largest GSM network operator in the Middle East, Africa, and Indian sub-continent. With twenty-one licenses covering the region. Wataniya Telecom is the only mobile provider in the Middle East with alliances offering mobile services with content leaders such as CNN, MSN and Yahoo and technology leaders such as Siemens and Ericsson. — (menareport.com)
© 2003 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)
- Tunisie Telecom's new GSM tariffs: Prepaid strategy or churn prevention measure?
- Schlumberger Seniority Recognition Awards to Staff - Schlumberger presents 5 Years Seniority Pins to Schlumberger Employees at Iftars
- Schlumberger completes implementation of BSCS solution for Wataniya Telecom
- Schlumberger upgrades the Kuwait University computer lab, part of a long-standing commitment to Kuwait University’s College of Petroleum and Engineering
- Schlumberger brings world class oil and gas production diagnosis technology to Petroleum Engineering College at Kuwait University