Schön Properties reports impressive progress on ‘Dubai Lagoon’ project
Schön Properties, a leading regional property developer, has reported impressive progress on its ‘Dubai Lagoon’ project, with the developer crediting its collaborative efforts with contractors and suppliers as the primary driver of the fast-paced construction. The announcement bodes well for Schön Properties’ commitment to deliver the project’s phases within their stipulated individual deadlines, starting with Zone 1, which is due for completion by the end of 2010. The developer also revealed that it is currently in the process of short listing leading companies to be invited to bid on the infrastructure works, MEP and other finishing works for the project.
Expected to be delivered the earliest, Zone 1 is the closest to completion, with main contractor Bin Sabt revealing that they are expecting to finish building C+10 first, to be followed by C9, H11, and C12 by November. The second batch, which will include buildings C7, C8, C13, and C14 are targeted for delivery by year-end. On Zone 3, main contractor Belhasa is set to commence works on buildings A19 and A23, with plans to construct three to four slabs per month on the entire zone. With a view to complete the full structure within the next 12 months, and the MEP works and finishing 6 to 7 months thereafter, the contractor is confident that the zone will be ready for delivery by the end of 2011.
“The strong sense of cooperation among all our contractors and suppliers plays a pivotal role in the impressive speed by which this monumental project is being built, which will enable us to deliver the initial phases on schedule,” said Danial H. Schön, Vice President, Schön Properties. “We are very happy to report the outstanding milestones we have achieved in the construction of ‘Dubai Lagoon’, in line with the commitment we made to our valued investors.”
With backfilling for Zone 2 already completed and the pouring of the concrete blinding almost finished, the appointed waterproofing contractor BMC is gearing up to complete the waterproofing under the raft foundation within the next two weeks. Main contractor Commodore Contracting further announced that the raft foundation steel works has already started, with the double basements to be completed in 4 months and the ground floor slab to be casted within the next 5 to 6 months. On the other hand, the building permit for Zone 4 has already been transferred and backfilling is nearing completion. In addition, Commodore Contracting is gearing up to commence works on Zone 4 as per the schedule set for Zone 2, with a one-month lag.
“We want to commend the excellent work of our partners, especially the main contractors, who are fuelling our continuous efforts to ensure the prompt completion of ‘Dubai Lagoon’. We would also like to acknowledge the contributions of our project consultant Mazaya in achieving these encouraging developments,” concluded Asher H. Schön, Vice President, Schön Properties.
- Home prices in Israel makes making ends meet impossible for families
- Putting their eggs in tourists' baskets: why Dubai's real estate developers are shifting to hospitality
- Is Dubai's property market finally displaying 'affordable' tendencies?
- Ironic much? Sharjah's 'affordable' rents is the exact reason they're now skyrocketing
- Mounting supplies: Dubai's impending property correction
- Infrastructure design for ‘Dubai Lagoon’ in sync with construction progress, says Schön Properties
- Sweet Homes reports impressive progress on the construction of AED 1.7 billion ‘Rainbow Towers’ project
- RAK Properties to commence handover of 6 buildings in Precinct 2 of Mina Al Arab Lagoon District
- Schön Properties showcases expanding portfolio at Dubai International Property Show