Semiramis InterContinental highlights Middle East hotel appeal for UK travel trade
In hosting delegates attending the Association of British Travel Agents (ABTA) annual convention from October 18-21, the Semiramis InterContinental Cairo has a chance to show off the results of a major renovation program. The hotel has been transformed by the talents of Pierre-Yves Rochon and Tony Chi.
The hotel, boasting re-designed rooms and four new restaurants, is one of ten properties under management in Egypt by Six Continents Hotels, one of the principal sponsors of the ABTA convention. The importance of the convention, taking place at the Cairo International Convention and Exhibition Center, is highlighted by the fact that UK travel trade annually sends 57 million customers overseas.
Two million of these travelers each year head for the Middle East, which has the potential to lure many more visitors from Britain with its range of destinations, year-round sunshine, and hotel facilities and value for money.
Six Continents Hotels, the hotel business of Six Continents PLC of the United Kingdom, owns, manages, leases or franchises more than 3,270 hotels and 512,000 guest rooms in nearly 100 countries and territories around the world. — (menareport.com)
© 2002 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)
- INTERCONTINENTAL HOTELS & RESORTS CONTINUES GLOBAL EXPANSION IN 2006 NINE NEW HOTELS SCHEDULED TO OPEN IN KEY MARKETS AROUND THE WORLD
- InterContinental Hotels Group caters for Qatar’s ongoing expansion with the development of Holiday Inn Doha
- LONG-TERM COMMITMENT TO CAIRO’S PREMIER PROPERTY PAYS OFF
- Semiramis Inter-Continental is Emirates Holidays Associate Hotel
- Semiramis Inter-Continental is Emirates Holidays’ Cairo associate hotel