Shangri-La opens regional sales office in Dubai
Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts has opened a regional sales office in Dubai, managed by the director of sales for the Middle East, Walid Wafik, and supported by sales manager, Claudia Kaiserseder.
Reporting to the newly promoted vice president of international sales, Austin Frost, Wafik's mandate is to sell Shangri-La properties to the rapidly emerging outbound market in the Middle East.
Hong Kong-based Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts is the largest Asian-based luxury hotel group in the region and currently manages 41 hotels in Australia, mainland China, Fiji, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, Taiwan, Thailand and the United Arab Emirates (UAE), with a room inventory of over 20,000. — (menareport.com)
© 2003 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)
- Shangri-La opens its first hotel in the Middle East
- Shangri-La strengthens Middle East presence with new Doha hotel
- Director of sales and marketing appointed for new Shangri-La Hotel, Dubai
- Shangri-La spearheads three-property drive in Middle East
- Six Continents Hotels' sales drive brings overseas and Middle East success