Shangri-La spearheads three-property drive in Middle East
With next month's launch of the Shangri-La Hotel, Dubai, the first property outside the Far East for the Hong Kong-based Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts, the group is spearheading a development drive in the region that will number three properties and 1,400 rooms and apartments in three years.
The Shangri-La Hotel, Dubai is due to open mid June, followed by Traders Hotel, Dubai in August and Shangri-La’s Barr Al-Jissah Resort, Muscat, Oman, in July 2005.
Shangri-La has signed a management agreement with the UAE-based Al-Jaber Group to operate the deluxe five-star Shangri-La Hotel, Dubai. This will be Shangri-La’s first hotel in the Gulf, a region the group has targeted for expansion, and it will also be the Al-Jaber Group’s first deluxe hotel project.
The 200 meter multipurpose complex features 301 guestroom and suites, 126 serviced furnished apartments as well as facilities ranging from Chi, an expansive health club on the fourth floor including gymnasium, squash courts and spa, to business center facilities. — (menareport.com)
© 2003 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)
- Chris Garrod and Orsini create new force in East/West hotel procurement
- Shangri-La opens its first hotel in the Middle East
- DuPont participates in 6th Middle East Bitumen/Asphalt Conference to leverage region’s robust infrastructure development
- Pakistani professionals discuss “Branding Excellence in the Middle East”
- Shangri-La opens regional sales office in Dubai