Shaw awarded contract to continue work on Sonatrach LPG recovery facility in Algeria
The Shaw Group Inc. (NYSE: SGR) today announced its Energy & Chemicals Group has been selected to provide engineering services for Sonatrach’s planned 24 million standard cubic meters per day grassroots liquefied petroleum gas (LPG) recovery facility in Algeria. The facility, located near Hassi Messaoud, is expected to be completed in the first half of 2012. Shaw performed the front end engineering design (FEED) work and will be a subcontractor to Saipem S.p.A. for this subsequent phase.
“Our diligent efforts in the design phase of the plant were a contributing factor to our continued involvement in this important project,” said Lou Pucher, president of Shaw’s Energy & Chemicals Group. “This award reinforces our upstream initiatives and further develops our project portfolio in North Africa.”
Shaw’s contract, which will be included in the company’s third quarter fiscal year 2009 backlog of unfilled orders, was undisclosed. The duration of the engineering services is expected to be in excess of two years.
- Shaw Announces Full Commercial Operation of SHARQ Ethylene Plant
- Shaw Group opens Baghdad office
- Shaw Selected to Provide Project Management Consultancy Services for Base Oils Plant at Ruwais Refinery
- Algeria: Euro 27 million contract awarded to Cape
- Fluor Named as Program Management Consultant for ADNOC’s Abu Dhabi Gas Project