Shaw Selected to Provide Project Management Consultancy Services for Base Oils Plant at Ruwais Refinery
The Shaw Group Inc. today announced it has been awarded a contract by Abu Dhabi Oil Refining Company (Takreer) to provide project management consultancy services during the engineering, procurement and construction phase of a base oils plant at the Ruwais Industrial Complex in Abu Dhabi.
The planned facility will be capable of producing 500,000 tons per year of Group III base oils, as well as 100,000 tons per year of Group II base oils, and is scheduled to begin commercial production in 2013. Group II and III base oils are used for blending top-tier lubricants for car engines.
“Our recent involvement with Takreer began when our Residue Fluid Catalytic Cracking technology was selected for what will be the world’s largest RFCC unit,” said Lou Pucher, president of Shaw’s Energy & Chemicals Group. “Today, our involvement continues as we enhance our project management consultancy credentials by supporting Takreer in the development of this base oils plant.”
- Why Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Qatar and UAE will all cut oil output
- Tackling the preplexing question- what is going on with oil prices?
- Iran's nuclear deal: separating political dreams from economic realities
- Saudi's soul-searching for citizen job opps: Is renewable energy the next frontier?
- Immeasurable dangers facing Libya's economy over perpetual oil shutdown