Sheikh Mohammed inaugurates CNBC Arabiya
In a gesture of support for the development and expansion of the region's satellite television industry, Crown Prince of Dubai Sheikh Mohamed Bin Rashid Al-Maktoum inaugurated CNBC Arabiya at its new $40 million studio complex in Dubai Media City (DMC).
CNBC Arabiya, which launched its regional broadcasting in late July, is the world's first 24-hour Arab business and economic news channel. "With the upcoming Dubai 2003 IMF-World Bank Conference, the ongoing development of Dubai International Financial Centre (DIFC) and the construction of Dubai Financial District, Dubai is positioned to become the financial center of the region just as, with Dubai Media City and Dubai Internet City, Dubai has become the region's media hub,” said Al-Maktoum.
During his visit to CNBC Arabiya headquarters Sheikh Mohamed toured the studio complex and visited with the CNBC Arabiya news team. — (menareport.com)
© 2003 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)
- CNBC Arabiya CEO receives honorary AUC fellowship
- Sheikh Mohammed briefed on mega projects
- First Arabic Book Fair kicks off at Dubai Women’s College
- Strong regional and international strategic partnerships demonstrate positive outlook for Dubai Global Energy Forum 2011
- International Sponsors support 5th Finance & Investment in Qatar Forum in Paris