Something even worse than Saudization is on its way: 9pm shop closures
A government committee, assigned to study the closing down of shops by 9 p.m., has completed studying all aspects of the project, specifying all its pros and cons. Sources close to the committee expected the closure of shops to be effective before the advent of Ramadan in early July. The committee has exempted pharmacies, gas stations, coffee shops and restaurants with special permits from the decision. According to sources, the committee has decided the working hours for retail shops to be 15 hours starting from 6 a.m. The committee is composed of representatives from the ministries of commerce, municipal and rural affairs, Islamic affairs and electricity.
- Tourism is the real target of the Tunisia attacks: industry set to suffer
- FIFA scandal probe: No deaths in 2022 World Cup construction, Qatar says
- The UAE harnesses the power of celebrity endorsements
- Gazans reach beyond Israeli blockade through start-up
- France is playing a risky dating game in the Gulf: experts