Something even worse than Saudization is on its way: 9pm shop closures
A government committee, assigned to study the closing down of shops by 9 p.m., has completed studying all aspects of the project, specifying all its pros and cons. Sources close to the committee expected the closure of shops to be effective before the advent of Ramadan in early July. The committee has exempted pharmacies, gas stations, coffee shops and restaurants with special permits from the decision. According to sources, the committee has decided the working hours for retail shops to be 15 hours starting from 6 a.m. The committee is composed of representatives from the ministries of commerce, municipal and rural affairs, Islamic affairs and electricity.
- Study: Saudization rate in banks amounts to 82%, in industry just to 15%
- Getting it together? Probably not: Saudi Arabia introduces three new Saudization initiatives
- Not getting anywhere: Saudization poses challenge for transport sector
- Foreign workers get the ax as Saudization drive hits the gold industry
- 50,000 jobs to be added as part of Saudization drive