Siemens to extend Wataniya Telecom’s network
Germany’s Siemens Information and Communication Mobile Group (IC Mobile) has agreed to a further network extension and an O&M contract worth €53 million ($51 million) for Middle East operator, Wataniya Telecom, confirmed a press release. With this extension, Siemens re-confirms its position as sole infrastructure supplier for its Kuwaiti-based partner.
Wataniya Telecom is a private telecommunication firm, majority owned by Kuwaiti investors. Siemens has a long-standing relationship with Wataniya Telecom, going back to 1998 when the German firm started the implementation as the operator's sole supplier of SSS, BSS and IN.
Since then, Siemens has been awarded several contracts from Wataniya Telecom to support its subscriber base. The services provided comprise an Arabic WAP, IN and the recently contracted GPRS solution for prepaid and postpaid subscribers.
The Siemens IC Mobile offers a range of mobile solutions including mobile devices, infrastructure and applications. The Group recorded sales of €11.3 billion and employed 30,730 people worldwide last year. — (menareport.com)
© 2002 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)
- Ericsson Lebanon\'s sole GPRS supplier
- Nokia expands Wataniya Telecom’s HSDPA network in Kuwait
- du invests AED 400 Million and selects Nokia Siemens Networks to upgrade its network
- Wataniya Palestine allocated spectrum to start operations of mobile network
- Wataniya Telecom expands GPRS network across Kuwait