Sigma Paints adopts Sage software to manage its business
In a deal valued at over one million Saudi Riyals ($267,000), Saudi Sigma Paints has recently employed Sage Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) software to manage its business in Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates (UAE), Oman and Qatar. The 55-user system, comprising of 20 modules, was implemented in four months in the company’s sales and marketing offices across the Middle East, confirmed a press release.
The project was carried out by Algosaibi Information Systems, a Sage Enterprise partner. Sage’s manufacturing suite is also being implemented at Sigma's factories in Dammam and Abu Dhabi.
Established in 1981, Sigma Paints Saudi Arabia is a Saudi-Dutch joint venture between local Saudi businessmen and Sigma Coatings, Holland. The company manufactures decorative paints, marine paints and protective coatings throughout the region. The company recently merged with the Kalon Group, part of TotalFinaElf, to form SigmaKalon, the fifth largest paint company in the world.
With over 2.8 million customers, Sage is a supplier of business management software to medium sized enterprises. Sage revenues exceed $600 million and it employs over 5000 people globally. Sage Middle East is headquartered in Dubai and has partners in the (UAE), Oman, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, Qatar, Egypt, Jordan and Lebanon. — (menareport.com)
© 2002 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)
- Ebrahim Almana & Bros contracts Sage to manage hospital inventory
- Sage appoints HiTech as Bahrain reseller
- King Hussein Cancer Foundation in Jordan adopts Sage Software solutions
- Sage Software caps off remarkable year with ‘Best Technology Implementer of the Year’ and ‘Best Technology and Online Business of the Year’ awards
- UAE’s growing focus on efficiency drives local enterprise application software market, says Sage Software