Silicon Graphics lays added emphasis on oil and gas sector
Silicon Graphics (SGI) is targeting the regional oil and gas companies, for its recently introduced Altix 3000 family of servers and superclusters that deliver performance at every level of scalability.
The performance highlights of SGI's Altix 3000 range were presented to oil and gas industry representatives by officials from SGI and Emirates Computers, distributors for SGI products in the UAE, at a recent SGI Technology Day Seminar held in Abu Dhabi.
SGI is a developer of high-performance computing, visualization and the management of complex data. SGI was named on FORTUNE magazine's 2003 list of Top 100 Companies to Work For. — (menareport.com)
© 2003 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)
- Silicon Graphics eyes GCC's booming IT market for aggressive growth plans
- Reservoir simulation computation time sees dramatic decrease from weeks to hours
- SGI signs Middle East PR contract with Orient Planet
- Occidental Petroleum of Qatar Turns to SGI for seismic data interpretation
- Silicon Graphics targets Middle East