UAE enforces cancellation of unregistered SIM cards
Etisalat has announced the completion of all procedures to begin SIM card registration for its mobile customers.
Once the registration period expires, all unregistered Sim Cards will be cancelled. SIM card registration is part of the 'My Number, My Identity' campaign undertaken by TRA.
According to the UAE Telecom Regulatory Authority (TRA) directive, mobile customers in the Emirates are required to update their profile in the service provider's database to ensure all SIM card holders are the same as the registered owners of the SIM card.
Commenting on the registration campaign, Eng. Saleh Abdulla Al Abdooli, Chief Executive Officer, Etisalat, said, “The My Number, My Identity campaign aims primarily at providing the necessary protection to subscribers and enabling them to procure all services easily."
"Etisalat has fully harnessed its resources to complete this process successfully for its customers through its points of sale. This campaign is particularly important for subscribers because it prevents any unauthorized or criminal usage of SIM cards and helps in curbing legal or social violations besides reducing fraudulent activity that have been noticed during few last years.”
Starting from July 17, Etisalat’s customers will be able to choose from over 100 points of sale across the UAE to process their SIM card registration.
- Samsung S6, S6 Edge receive warm welcome in Saudi Arabia
- Mission to Mars: UAE plans Arab region's first unmanned probe
- Eclipsing Facebook and Twitter: WhatsApp most popular social media site for Arabs
- More technology, less fashion: Why fashionistas haven't exactly fallen for Apple's smartwatch
- Why the new Samsung Galaxy S6 will 'redefine mobility'