UAE enforces cancellation of unregistered SIM cards
Etisalat has announced the completion of all procedures to begin SIM card registration for its mobile customers.
Once the registration period expires, all unregistered Sim Cards will be cancelled. SIM card registration is part of the 'My Number, My Identity' campaign undertaken by TRA.
According to the UAE Telecom Regulatory Authority (TRA) directive, mobile customers in the Emirates are required to update their profile in the service provider's database to ensure all SIM card holders are the same as the registered owners of the SIM card.
Commenting on the registration campaign, Eng. Saleh Abdulla Al Abdooli, Chief Executive Officer, Etisalat, said, “The My Number, My Identity campaign aims primarily at providing the necessary protection to subscribers and enabling them to procure all services easily."
"Etisalat has fully harnessed its resources to complete this process successfully for its customers through its points of sale. This campaign is particularly important for subscribers because it prevents any unauthorized or criminal usage of SIM cards and helps in curbing legal or social violations besides reducing fraudulent activity that have been noticed during few last years.”
Starting from July 17, Etisalat’s customers will be able to choose from over 100 points of sale across the UAE to process their SIM card registration.
- Unnatural troubles: Cyber attacks increased by a billion in 2014
- From the World Cup to the iPhone 6: what are people in the UAE googling the most?
- Mashallah! Online ventures target a tremendous Muslim consumer base
- It's complicated: Iran's 'sinful' relationship with the internet
- Building on 2014's 'historic' innovations: five new major IT trends to watch out for in 2015